Family Pic Sept 2015

Family Pic Sept 2015

Monday, March 2, 2015

FXB Week 7 - I'm late

I finished up week 7 of FXB on Saturday...after having spent another work week traveling.  Two weeks in a row of impressing myself with my workouts while away and two weeks in a row of going completely overboard on my eating.  I just cannot be trusted around M&Ms, Trail Mix and deep fried appetizers.  I'm scared to step on the scale.  So I'm not - at least not right now.  Must.  Buckle.  Down.

The only thing I think I can recall last week that was new was Iso-sets on the bands.  Basically you stretch the band at three increasingly difficult levels - at first with a teeny break in between each transition and then you just progress through them.  My shoulders hurt for two days after that.  I missed the Gauntlet on kickboxing Fun Friday.  Don't ask me what that is, cause I don't know.  But I'm sad that I missed it, just the same.

I was in Phoenix for my work trip which is on Mountain Time.  I didn't really get over the "jet lag" and I slept very little while there (~2 hours per night).  Each morning, I finally gave up attempting to sleep by 4am and went ahead with my workout.  After that, it was only 5am and I didn't have anywhere to be until 7.  

But I was in Phoenix, where it was 47 degrees at 5am and there was an outdoor hot tub.  So I begged the night clerk to let me in the pool area (wasn't supposed to open until 7am).  I had to promise him I would not get rowdy.  

It. Was. Nice. I seriously need me one of these at the house.


I also managed to take a run one afternoon - you know, so I could work off about 15 of the 150 M&Ms that I ate.  It was about 70 degrees and no humidity.  If the weather was always like that, I think it's entirely possible I could be become a marathon runner.  Here's another selfie where you can see the mountains in the distance.  This is what I was taking in as I was running.  Beautiful.



I've started week 8 back on track.  But guess what?  Yep, I have to travel again.  Sigh.  Third time's a charm for getting my nutrition in line.  Right?


No comments:

Post a Comment