Family Pic Sept 2015

Family Pic Sept 2015

Sunday, November 23, 2014

Leaves. And Other Miscellaneous.

We cleaned up leaves this weekend and the kids had a ball.  Normally we just mow over and mulch them into the grass, but this year since the leaves were pretty much dry, we opted to rake them up so the kids could jump in them (then afterwards we drug them over to the garden and mowed over them there so the "worms would have something to eat").

I'd rake the pile about 3 feet high and then the kids would start from the house and run and JUMP all through the pile and then collapse in a fit of laughter.  It was so so so worth all the raking and re-raking for that 30 minutes of non-stop giggling.  




We also discovered that Lily can swing herself now.  No clue how long she's been able to do this, but even she acted kind of surprised that I didn't need to push her and was super proud of herself so this might be a relatively new thing?


We put up the Christmas tree today.  The kiddos really helped!  I only had to move a few ornaments around when all was said and done (Lily had a tendency to hang about 4 ornaments on one branch).



My child that wakes up at 5am tends to get pretty sleepy by lunch time.  Saturday, Joel, Lily and I were in the back of the house tending to laundry and we came back up front to find that Tyler had covered himself in princess stickers and then promptly passed out.


Here's my princess, sporting the Elsa hat I made her.  She was pretty annoyed that I wanted to take her picture - as you can plainly see by the look on her face.


Hiding behind mountains of pillows on the couch is one of the favorite activities these days.  Today, I came in the room and the kiddos were sitting on the couch, one right behind the other among a pile of pillows, and they informed me that they were driving to the store.  Tyler was in front so he was driving.  That's what he told me.  Lily backed up his story.


This picture kinda stinks, but Lily wanted Minnie Mouse hair - whatever that means - so I made her hair into a bow like Minnie Mouse Bowtique!  I sent her to school this way...it probably lasted 5 minutes before it fell down, but it was pretty cute while it lasted.


Speaking of hair....Tyler got his first paid for haircut this weekend.  About two weeks ago, I trimmed around his ears and across his forehead and neckline.  But that was definitely just a band-aid.  His hair was getting so long, I could get the back in a pony tail.  Yeah, time for a trim. 


These are the moments.  I'd like to go ahead and put in an order for about 437 more of these moments.  Please and thank you.




Tyler found Joel's husky dog hat.  He looks pretty stinkin' cute.  Lily is such a ham.



Lots and lots and lots of basketball going on in our house lately.  And dancing.  Lots and lots and lots of dancing.

 

The evidence that my kiddos are growing up just keeps mounting.  Here they are at the inside playground working their way up the Lucky Climber - by themselves.  


Lily is loving her dance class.  And I feel SO GUILTY for not enrolling Tyler.  Check out the pic on the left.  The class is stretching (or something) and reaching up to the sky and Tyler is standing in the door way doing it too.  I really thought he was too young for the dance class.  I think I was wrong.  


And, in closing, Tyler's potty training at daycare is going smashingly.  At home, we are hit or miss - making progress but still have a long way to go.



No comments:

Post a Comment