Family Pic Sept 2015

Family Pic Sept 2015

Sunday, November 2, 2014

While I'm Away.

Joel is an awesome Dad.  And an even more awesomer husband.

I like to travel for work.  I mean sort of.  I like to see new places and meet people face to face that I normally only get to interact with over the phone and email.  Sometimes I get to go to cool places - like a Major League Soccer stadium.  That part of travel is really exciting.  


The part of travel that I hate (other than being on WW and trying to find something besides salad to eat while I'm gone), is that I miss Joel and the kids TERRIBLY.  One night away isn't so bad.  It's kind of a nice break from routine.  But more than one night and I start to feel homesick.

Last week, I was gone for 4 days (3 nights).  That was a long time away.  The work part was exhausting:   I was in 2 different cities and 3 airplane rides in those four days.  I didn't sleep well at all and I ate salad 7 times (not counting breakfast, where I ate only fruit and drank coffee).


But this is where having an awesome husband comes in to play.  Joel is super thoughtful.  He sends me pictures and videos of the kids.

Tyler said, "I don't want to get up."

morning pee pee (can I put this on the internet??)

Out cold and drooling...


"hiding" cause he didn't want to get up

By the way, why is it that when we have to get up and go to work, the kids are ready to sleep in, but on the weekends, they are up at 5?  How, HOW, does that happen? 

Below is a still shot from a video he took of the kids.  I'm pretty sure I watched the video 12 times in a row and subjected my coworkers to it over and over.  The video went something like this:

Lily:  LOVE YOU MOMMY!
Tyler:  LLLLUUUHH YOU MOOOOMMMEEEEEE!!
(Joel:  Wave bye bye!  Say 'See you soon.')
Lily:  LOVE YOU.  LOVE YOU TOO MOMMY!  SEE YOU SOON!
Tyler (waving frantically)


He also picks up the slack and works hard to juggle his inflexible work schedule in order to be there for the kiddos and their field trips.  Last week, it was pumpkin patch with Lily's class (would have been Tyler's class too but his day got rained out). 







And finally, I got home thinking I was going to have to run right back out to the store to restock my fruit supply (since we've already established that's all I eat for breakfast) - but he had already done that for me too.  

He's a good one.  I think I'll keep him.

No comments:

Post a Comment