Family Pic Sept 2015

Family Pic Sept 2015

Sunday, May 24, 2015

From loving to hateful in 30 seconds flat.

I talk to my friends and they say they have similar issues, so I guess it is pretty normal for the kiddos to go from loving on one another and being just down right friggin adorable to intentionally pestering, biting, bickering, taking things, etc in no time flat.


Their fighting and bickering is enough to send the sanest person to crazy town.  


Anywho!

The kiddos are all in to playing "Mommy and baby" or "Daddy and baby."  Here, Lily is the mommy and Tyler is her baby and he's sick so she gently lead him to the couch, covered him up, gave him Ellie and kissed his forehead so he could get better.  Tyler likes this game because he's all in to talking to like a baby.  All the time.  We try to discourage the talking like a baby stuff as much as possible but when they are role playing (and doing it so nicely and cooperatively), I just let it go.  


 

The children have a room full of toys.  But do they play with them?  Rarely.  This weekend, both kids were out of pull ups so we picked them up at the store.  Joel opened the boxes and put the packages away in the kids rooms and was going to put the boxes outside in the recycling.  He gets to the garage door and Lily screams:  "DADDY!  No!!!  We NEED those boxes!  Don't throw them away!!"


My son loves to wear his sister's shoes.  Thinking about printing this series of photos out and hanging them up in our house.  At least he's holding a "shoot gun" while wearing red patent leather shoes.  Maybe he won't get beat up and bullied that way...

I really had to work hard to convince him that a) he can't wear girl shoes to Chuck E Cheese and b) even if he could, those shoes are way to big for him and he'll have a hard time running around and having fun.  Finally got him to go for his Spiderman flip flops.  Whew.


Lily took this rope and fashioned a swing for herself.  Joel was so impressed with her doing this, he tried to hold himself up there like she was and he struggled.  Lily got a kick out of that.


Tyler-man helped Joel plant some beans and some herbs in the garden.  This time when he "helped," he actually helped!





Joel took the Tyler to get his haircut and they had to wait a while so there was some picture taking silliness going on to pass the time.



Sometimes Tyler gets in a real funk.  I mean a REAL.  FUNK.  In this particular fit, Tyler got mad because Joel threw his pee-filled pull up away in the kitchen trash and Tyler wanted to throw it away in HIS trash.  So Tyler pulled the garbage bag out of the can (thank goodness it was nearly empty) and drug his diaper back out and took it to his room.  Then, he proceeded to scream and yell about I have no idea what for another 10 minutes.


Lily grabbed one of my nightgowns out of the (dirty) laundry basket and put it on over the top of her clothes.  She insisted it fit and wanted to wear it to sleep in.  I didn't see the harm so I tied up the shoulders with a ribbon so her entire chest wouldn't hang out.  After that night, I told her she had to put the nightgown back in the dirty clothes so it could be washed.  She's asked me every day since if I would PLEASE PLEASE just DO THE LAUNDRY so she can get the nightgown back.  Pretty sure I won't be wearing this one any time soon.


We leave the kids' bedroom doors open when the first go to sleep but always close them before we go to bed.  One night I went in to close Lily's and found her cashed out, sawing logs, sleeping like this:


Found another froggie jumping around our front yard.  This one was a little tough for Tyler to hang on to.  He got away - into the garage.  Hopefully I don't find him hopping in to the house one day when I open the garage door!


Lily decided she wanted curly hair like me and has been asking for a while to put curlers in her hair like I do in the mornings.  Of course, ain't nobody got time fo that during the work/school week but did finally get around to it this weekend.


We curlers twinsies for about 10 minutes and then she started whining about heavy the curlers were and she needed to take them out RIGHT NOW.   When we did finally take them out, there about 3 waves, er I mean, curls, in her hair.  Which promptly fell out and went straight about 5 minutes later.  I think she's got my hair.



Tyler just loves to dig in the dirt.  We got him a new toy - part of mission "Spoil Tyler - Just A Little."  Lily got to spend the day and night with Meme and her cousins and I knew a shopping trip was in store for her where she'd get spoiled rotten.  So I wanted Tyler to get a little spoiled too, so we took him to Target and let him pick out a toy.  He picked a little Paw Patrol bull dozer and took it straight to the sand pile in the back yard.  This kid came back inside with sand EVERYWHERE.  In his hair, on his clothes, in his underwear...  He's a boy!




No comments:

Post a Comment