Family Pic Sept 2015

Family Pic Sept 2015

Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Stay at home Daddy

Even though Tyler was feeling a lot better this morning, we decided to keep him home from daycare anyway just to give him another day to get totally healthy.  He sleeps so much better here and he really needed to rest.  So Joel took a turn to watch him and as I was leaving the house for work, I realized that this was about to be the longest stretch Joel ever spent with Tyler alone!  Gasp!!

And he did GREAT! 

Someone asked me if I left him a list of things to do today around the house.  I laughed and said that I thought Joel might have felt overwhelmed just with my instructions on thawing out milk and feeding Tyler baby food.  So anything on top of taking care of those things was bonus!

Boy did I get surprised!

Not only did Joel take outstanding care of Tyler, including documenting his day similar to how they do at daycare,



but he also did 3 loads of laundry, mowed the grass, washed and put away dishes, ran a couple errands and tilled the garden!!


Holy cow!!  I'm so impressed.  If Joel ever wants to become a stay at home Dad, he's hired!  And really, the best part, was the Joel got to spend some alone time with Tyler.  He naturally had a lot of alone time with Lily when she was little, but with Tyler, Lily's always there so he has to divide his attention. 


Joel said he enjoyed his day, was pleased with all he got done and really like the time he got with Tyler, but he was pretty sure he couldn't keep it up two days in a row.  : )

No comments:

Post a Comment