Family Pic Sept 2015

Family Pic Sept 2015

Friday, October 4, 2013

Touch A Truck and Halloween Planning

Lily's school had a Touch a Truck field trip this week and Joel took a couple hours off of work to go with her.  The day is about learning about various people in the community like police and firemen and getting to know about the Bookmobile and School Buses.



Joel said Lily wasn't really interested in having anything to do with any of the trucks.  There was even a big tractor thing with a slide and she wouldn't climb up in the tractor even to slide down a slide!  He did finally convince her to check out the bookmobile - mostly because two of Lily's friends has visited the bookmobile and came out with princess coloring books and Lily wanted one too. 


 She just wanted to play on the playground.  She had a merry old time running around there.



Silly Girl!





I've been asking Lily what she wanted to be for Halloween this year.  Her first response was she wanted to be "A Man."  When I asked her what a man looks like, she said, "Like me!"
Then she told me that she wanted to be a pumpkin.
Then she told me princess.
So I took her to Target so we could look at some costumes and just general Halloween stuff to see if she might decide what she wanted to be.
We didn't get a half step down the costume aisle when she spied a Doc McStuffins costume and now that's what she's set on being! 
 However, the pre-packaged costume was $30 and it wasn't that great so I have to believe that I can come up with something better for equal or lesser money.  Now I have to say that I really impressed myself with convincing my 2.5 year old that we didn't need to take that costume immediately to "the buyer" (that's what she calls the cashiers) so we could take it right home with us.  I convinced Lily that I would look around on the computer and at other stores for a Doc McStuffins costume.  (So now, every chance she gets, she asks me to show her Doc McStuffins on the 'puter).
Then we had a bit of fun with the other costumes.

Not sure yet what Tyler's going to be.  I asked him but he didn't tell me yet.


No comments:

Post a Comment