Family Pic Sept 2015

Family Pic Sept 2015

Sunday, June 1, 2014

Boy did I miss my kiddos.

We're back.  From vacation.  In the Bahamas.  Sigh....

While we immensely enjoyed our vacation, I was sure starting to miss these kiddos and all the happy, goofy, silliness they bring into my life.  


The babes were fast asleep when we got home last night so it wasn't until after they woke up this morning that we got to see them.  Neither of them reacted too much to finding us back at home.  I guess that's the beauty of being so young.....no concept of time.  We hadn't told them where we were going or even that we were leaving.  Meme asked Lily at one point where Mama and Daddy were and she replied, "At the store."  We did talk a little later about it and Lily told me that I was on vacation and I went on an airplane so I guess Meme straightened her out.

When I got Tyler up this morning, the first word out of his mouth was "Papaw?"  He was apparently Jim's shadow for the last four days.  It was so sweet, it made me cry.  


We had a little breakfast this morning and took a couple snapshots.  And Whitney was a big helper watching the kiddos.



This afternoon we played outside in the water.  The kiddos think that's just a big ol' time.  They love it.  We scored this picnic table from our neighbors who kids have way out grown it.  I thought Joel might lose his mind between the addition of the picnic table and the kiddie pool Grams bought....I'm pretty sure his eyes started rolling back in his head a couple times....he was probably having visions of a house out in the country with lots of acreage.  :)  


The kids did great all week with Grams and Jason and then Meme and Papaw.  Thank you, thank you, thank you for watching them!!  No major issues.  Though, I suppose these pictures are the evidence that the kiddos missed us.  




More to come, likely in several installments, about our UH-may-ZING vacation!!

No comments:

Post a Comment