Family Pic Sept 2015

Family Pic Sept 2015

Friday, May 24, 2013

Midnight Snack Tribute to My Daddy

When me and my sisters were kids, my Dad made the best sugar toast in the whole wide world!  Tonight I had a hankerin' that couldn't be stopped.

 
Bread slathered with butter, sugar and cinnamon, cooked under the broiler (or in a toaster oven) for a couple minutes until it's a toasty, crystalized sugar delight.  Combine with a glass of milk that's so cold, if it were 1/2 degree colder it would have ice chucks and you have arrived at heaven.
 
I love you Daddy.  Thank you for showing me some of the finer things in life!  I can't wait for the day when I introduce this culinary delight to my babies.  Maybe they will have as fond of memories about it with me as I do about you. 
 
Now, if you'll excuse me.... nom, nom, nom......

No comments:

Post a Comment