Family Pic Sept 2015

Family Pic Sept 2015

Sunday, May 12, 2013

Happy Mother's Day!

I am such a lucky Mama!  I have two of the cutest kids on the face of the earth!




Lily told me "Happy Mother's Day" many times throughout the day and even threw in some "Happy Birthdays" while she was at it.  I guess she was a little confused about why the day was special for me - but the bottom line was that she knew it was my day!  That baby makes me smile  at least  once a day.

I had a very wonderful Mother's Day.  First off, Joel cooked ALL THREE MEALS today.  All three.  By himself.  Completely.  I think I put water in glasses for one of the meals.  We had cinnamon rolls for breakfast.  Lunch was amazing.  New York strip steak purchased from the awesome butcher shop downtown, baked potatoes, asparagus, grilled onions and rolls.  Oh my....a Mama could get USED to THAT!  And for supper we had Velveeta cornbread chili pie (it was from a box, but it was still amazing and my amazing husband cooked it).
Speaking of amazing husbands......
.....yep, that's my husband mowing the grass in socks and flip flops and wearing ear muffs.  Some day, our kids will be sooooo embarrassed!
Joel got this really neat card that allowed him to put the kids' handprints inside.  I guess there was some solution he put on their hands that reacted with the paper in the card.  So cool and what a neat keepsake.


I showed the flower I got from Lily the other day and I got one from Tyler too but I forgot it at the daycare on Friday.  I'll have to add a picture of that later.  Lily made me a picture too.  So stinkin' cute!!  I love these crafts that have their hand and foot prints. 

I don't know yet what I'm getting from Joel.  It didn't come in the mail yet.  But he wrote me the funniest note I think he's ever written.  It's almost 3.5 pages long and he's written down what a day in the life of this Mama can look like.  At the end he says "There isn't any wonder you are tired."  It's super cute.  It made me laugh and cry simultaneously.  I love that man. 




No comments:

Post a Comment