Family Pic Sept 2015

Family Pic Sept 2015

Thursday, July 27, 2017

Day 2: Hangover from Hell

Today has been awful.  AWFUL.  It started at 3am when both Joel and I woke up miserable with headaches.  Mine has stuck faithfully by my side the whole day through.  How sweet.  It's unbelievably unfair to feel this hungover without all the fun from the night before.  I suppose it's mix of dramatically reduced caffeine intake along with NO SUGAR for 24 hours.

This will pass.  This will pass.  This.  Will.  Pass.

On the bright side, when I got to work I had an awesome present waiting for me from my coworker who is nearly complete with her run through the program!  She filled it with some Whole30 essentials  - compliant marinara sauce, coconut milk, avocados (which I promptly turned in in guacamole when I came home!), macadamia nuts, ghee (more on that in a minute) and some Larabars which I am very excited to try but a little nervous that will feel like a treat instead of part of a meal.  We'll see!


So, ghee is the latest Whole30 thing I have tried.  It's clarified butter, which means that you basically take unsalted butter, heated up and skim the milk fats off the top.  So it's butter without lactose which makes it compliant with the program.  


I had a sweet potato with my lunch so I put some this on it.  Not too shabby, but I don't think my potato actually needed anything added to it.  I mostly just wanted an excuse to try it.

What I ate today:
Breakfast:  egg muffins, homemade sausage, banana, macadamia nuts
Lunch:  grilled chicken breast, sweet potatoes, peach
Snack:  raw veggies, canteloupe
Dinner:  grilled chicken, baked white potato, red bell pepper w/ guacamole, blackberries

My meal planning and preparation this week has left a lot to be desired.  I have been up after the kids have gone to bed, cooking food for the next day's lunches.  Right now, I've got breakfast in the oven as I type.  I feel like I've done nothing but cook ALL WEEK LONG.  Definitely looking forward to the weekend where I can take a minute, make a plan and do my normal weekend marathon cooking so that I don't have to work so hard at it during the week.

Like my coworker noted:

No comments:

Post a Comment