Family Pic Sept 2015

Family Pic Sept 2015

Monday, June 10, 2013

How many Daddies would do that?

"Just one!"

That's what Lily said when I got home from work and she showed me her painted fingernails.  I asked her who painted her fingernails and she said "Daddy did!  And my toes!" 

Lily is very big in to painted fingernails right now and it's a real test of patience for Joel and I.  She won't sit still while the painting happens and she doesn't sit still while it dries so it gets messed up and then she wants you to paint them again.  If you tell her to sit still, she's all "I AM sitting still!"

After dinner tonight, she wanted to paint my finger nails. 


"Put your hand flat on the table Mommy.  On the napkin."


"Want me to paint a flower?  Which finger?"


"Sit still Mommy.  It's not dry yet."


"All done Mommy!  Let it dry, okay?"


Oh.  My.  Gawd.  All I can say is, she DOES hear me when I talk.  She might not choose to LISTEN to what I'm saying, but she's definitely hearing me.  She practically repeated, word for word, what I say to her when I'm painting her nails.  Scary.

Tyler just sat back, watching.  I love this boy.  He's so cute.


We took about 2 dozen pictures this weekend at my Mom's house before we headed to my cousin's wedding.  None turned out great.  It's pretty much impossible to get both kids facing the same way, at the same time, and have no one crying.





 

No comments:

Post a Comment