Family Pic Sept 2015

Family Pic Sept 2015

Sunday, September 7, 2014

Happy Birthday Tyler!

My Tyler-man turned two!  Do what, now?  Yes, yes he did.

We had a big ol time, celebrating his birthday this weekend - starting with a little "party" for the kids in his daycare class.  I made treat bags for the kiddos and Tyler passed them out to all his friends.







Back at home, we got in a few photos with Tyler's brand new super awesome Spider-man mask that Papaw brought for him.  And I tried to take a picture of the t-shirt I made him - but neither the picture nor the t-shirt turned out that good (the iron on didn't do so hot on the blue t-shirt.....).




I also tried to make sure I got a few pictures of the treat bags I worked so hard on.  Tyler posed with the loot.  Just looking back at this pictures causes my heart to just melt.  The expressions on his face are priceless.  I know every mom of a son says this, but I truthfully do not know of a cuter boy in the whole wide world.



I put these kazoos in the treat bags and I tried blowing in to one and couldn't get it to make any sound.  So I thought maybe they were just "decoration" kazoos.  Apparently you just have to be the right age because the kiddos could make all kinds of racket out of those things!


For Tyler's birthday dinner, we had pizza.  About one of the only meals that I can pretty much count on both kids eating with no problem.  Then...cake!  Joel iced this bad boy.  He had stayed up til midnight the night before working on it....after he had spent until 10pm working on the barn.  (That d@mn barn!!)  Joel did an awesome job on the cake.  He is most definitely the official cake decorator of the family.


Tyler LOVED his Siberman cake.  He had a hard time keeping his fingers out of the icing while I lit the candles and we sang happy birthday.





Tyler blew out his own candles - like. a. champ.  Only a tiny bit of spit on the cake.  Well done son!  Everyone thoroughly enjoyed cake eating.  Forks optional.








And what's a birthday without a ridiculous amount of presents?  Joel and I got him a couple Spider-man things and a tool set (and some super boring things like socks - but I figure, he needs new socks so why not go ahead and wrap them up so it makes his birthday pile look bigger!  In a few more years, I won't be able to get away with that, but for now....)







And then, the big present.  Yes, we got Tyler a real Dust Buster for his birthday.  He was sooooo excited - once we got it out of the box and told him what it was.  VACUUM!  VACUUM!




It was a bit difficult to tear his attention away from the vacuum long enough to open a couple more presents from Grams, Meme and Papaw.







He got a train set, complete with conductor overalls (not pictured...forgot to get that), a conductor's hat and train whistle.


While his Papaw put the train set together, Tyler vacuumed up all the cake crumbs.  And then he vacuumed and vacuumed and vacuumed - for about 30 minutes.  Thankfully that's all the longer the battery lasts before it needs recharging.




Papaw got the train set together and both kiddos got in on the action (and maybe me too a little bit).









And that about wraps up Tyler's birthday.  At least until the next day when the birthday party celebrations began.....

... to be continued.

No comments:

Post a Comment