Family Pic Sept 2015

Family Pic Sept 2015

Friday, July 25, 2014

Sad Consequences.

I recently ran across the term "sad consequence" when referring to a child being punished for poor behavior.  I decided that I really liked this term because when you say that, you aren't committing yourself to a specific punishment.  Maybe a sad consequence is time out.  Maybe it's no dessert.  Maybe it's loss of a favorite toy.  
Anyhow, I started using this term with Lily.  If she misbehaves, I ask her if she wants a sad consequence.  Well, I'm sure she has NO FREAKIN CLUE what a consequence is, but the very thought of it must terrify her because EVERY TIME I've brought it up, she's immediately corrected the bad behavior to avoid this mysterious thing known as a sad consequence!  We'll see how long she stays scared of consequences, but for now, it works like a charm.  Teehee!

The kiddos had their first experience with an ice cream truck.  Unfortunately my pictures suck, but they were pretty excited about the whole thing.  Tyler got an orange pushup - I have fond memories of those!  Lily, my super vanilla picky child, choose a cup of vanilla ice cream.  All those colorful options and she wants just plain vanilla.



These two kiddos are ridiculous in the bath tub.  If I'm not in there moderating, the whole bathroom gets soaked.  This is their thing now....laying down and then kicking their legs and splashing like they were taught in swim lessons.  Could we get them to do that while they were in swim lessons??  NO.  But at home in the bath tub, you betcha!


We recently got Tyler an electric toothbrush.  I'm pretty sure he now has the cleanest teeth of all two year olds on the face of the planet.  He has been known to brush his teeth for like 30 minutes at a time.


The daycare thought Tyler had hand, foot and mouth a couple weeks ago so Joel had to pick him up in the afternoon and then stay home with him the next day.  Given that Tyler wasn't REALLY sick, but rather just not welcome at daycare, he and Joel had a big ol time playing hooky.


 



Tyler's getting along really well in his new bed.  He piled up all these friends while Joel was reading him a story one night.  Pretty stinkin cute.  He's in his "soup man" shirt.  Superman, Batman, Spiderman - pretty much all super heros are known as "soup man."  This shirt is not jammies but he's getting to the phase where he wants to pick what he wears and he's a little insistent sometimes on what it is.  On this particular occasion, I had him in the Thomas the Train jammies shirt and he ripped and pulled and stretched the neck of it out and eventually got the shirt off and threw it across the room.  It's probably ruined.  I guess that'll teach me to try to convince him to wear something he doesn't want to wear.  Prima donna.


No comments:

Post a Comment