Family Pic Sept 2015

Family Pic Sept 2015

Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Big Boy Bed. On. The. First. (Real.) Try.

Oh yes.  Yes, we did.  Please-don't-let-me-jinx-it-by-writing-about-it.

On our trip to Evansville last weekend, we brought back my old twin bed and set it up in Tyler's room.  He was immediately interested in it.  The plan was just to have it in Tyler's room for a while and let him get used to the idea.  But he was immediately taken with it so I rushed out to the store to get a mattress pad in case we could get him to sleep in it that night.  

We were close, but he said he didn't want to and we didn't push it.

Then Sunday, at nap, I suggested we try to get him to sleep there.  And he did with no protesting.  Sunday night, we tried it again and he asked to sleep in his crib, but I convinced him to sleep in his bed.  And he did.  All night.  

On Monday night, he begged Joel to sleep in his crib, but Daddy convinced him to sleep in his big boy bed and he did!  All night.  (He did startle the crap out of me this morning while I was flipped upside down blow drying my hair....but it was 6:15 and a perfectly acceptable time for him to get up.)

Now the crib is outta there!  Out of sight, out of mind and he didn't even ask about it tonight.  (Pictures were taken before crib dismantling.)  Now I need to start thinking about redecorating his room so it doesn't look like a baby nursery....There's always something, ain't there?




I refuse to say "this was SOOOOO easy" because then I will for sure jinx it..... but, ya know, it wasn't sooooooo hard.  

Bring on the potty training!  Bwwaaahahahahahahha!  

(I'm so screwed for saying that!)

No comments:

Post a Comment