Family Pic Sept 2015

Family Pic Sept 2015

Wednesday, March 18, 2015

St Patrick's Day Ain't What It Used To Be.

I don't know if 35 is really an official milestone birthday, but it kinda feels like one.  Mid thirties.  Ho-ly crap - where did the time go?

I have always appreciated my birthday because celebrating it was always a full on family affair - complete with St Patty's Day t-shirts and green hair.  Wow.


A full family photo was just not in the cards this year and while I was disappointed about that, I will choose to instead focus on these cute pics I did get. My taste in St Patrick's Day attire has improved remarkably.  Don't you agree?  Lily is actually wearing an adult tank top as a halter dress - super cute, right?



I was reminiscing about my 25th birthday this past week and how differently I celebrated back then.  Several of my friends also have March birthdays so in true 25-year-old fashion, we threw "March Madness Birthday Bash" to celebrate.  I don't remember many specifics - but I do know there was drinking, dancing and pretty sure a cake fight happened.  Ahh, to be young and uncaring about chocolate cake ground into the carpet.  I tried finding the pictures from this party but came up totally empty handed on that one. 

Instead I found some other gems.

Here are the shots I did on my 21st birthday including the time of day and with a signature.  It's really not all that impressive of a list.  I think I was just beginning on my journey to improve my ability to drink like a fish.


Consuming one of those shots.


Struggling.


Proving I can still do math, even after all that alcohol, by figuring the tip on the bill.


Yeaaaaaah.   Good times.  This is how a 21st birthday should end, right?


I think these are from my 26th birthday.  Celebrated in Bloomington. 




And here's my 27th birthday - Chicago style.  It was on this birthday trip that a drunk dial may have occurred in the middle of the night from one outrageously hammered girl to one outrageously handsome guy, forever changing both of their lives... good things come from green beer, my friends.



And last night, Joel surprised me with a babysitter and I had my first green beer in 5 years.  Well, I had about 4 sips of said green beer and then decided that it pretty much tasted like sh*t and wasn't worth the WW points or the FXB carbs and promptly switched to water.  Told you times have changed....




Oh and a little fun fact!  The booth we are sitting in at 4th Street is the same booth we sat in on one of our very first "dates" after the aforementioned middle of the night propositioning that occurred back in 2007.  Awwwww, how sweet.

No comments:

Post a Comment