Family Pic Sept 2015

Family Pic Sept 2015

Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Happy 9 Month Birthday Little Man!!

Oh Tyler buddy!  On the one hand, I can't believe you're 9 months old already and on the other I can't imagine life before you got here!




Statistics
Height:  on track to be 6'5" like his Daddy
Weight:  solid

(to be updated with real numbers next week after his 9 month appointment)

Sleeping habits:  Not much change in this department.  Sleeps all night most all the time (except last night).  All night means go to bed between 7-8 and sleep until 6-6:30.  Occasionally, he will sleep until 7.  Or sometimes he'll wake up at 5.  During the week if he wakes up at 5, I try to let him just cry it out and go back to sleep until it's time to get up (6 or 6:30).  If it's the weekend, often I'll go head and feed him because there's a really good chance that he'll then go back to sleep until 8 or 8:30 which means I can stay in bed until 8 or 8:30!  He is an excellent napper at home and a shoddy napper at daycare.  He takes several (2-3) pretty decent naps on the weekends (1-2 hours each).  At daycare, he takes 2-3 pretty crappy naps (20-30 minutes each).  On a good day, he'll take a 45-60 minute nap.  But it's rare.



Eating habits:  He's nursing in the mornings before daycare, getting 3 bottles at daycare (was sending 6 oz bottles but recently starting sending 5 oz because he wasn't finishing all 6) and I'm nursing him around dinner time and then a late evening sleep feed.  I had cut that out, but I had to add it back in because he wasn't sleeping all night when I cut it out.  He eats a stage 2 fruit for breakfast, vegetable for lunch and whatever I pull out of the cabinet for dinner (fruit, veggie or meat).  He's really starting to try some new things!  About a week ago, I gave him a bite of Lily's cooked carrots which he mostly enjoyed.  A couple days ago, I tried a tiny banana bite and he looked at me like I was feeding him glue or something.  And today, he gobbled up some green beans.  Well he gobble half the green beans and the rest went down in the high chair!  He loves puffs and yogurt melts.  I've tried Ritz crackers and he likes those pretty well too.  I gave him a gold fish cracker (broken up) but that was too hard and he gagged on it.  Yesterday we tried the watermelon and that was a bust but I think it was because he was full and more interested in playing.

 


Awake time:  He's really off and crawling now!  It's incredible how much he's figured out in just a few days.  He can get anywhere he wants which is every where that I don't want him to be!  He's so animated and has some of the best expressions.  He's such a happy and fun loving baby.  He loves to give kisses.  He's learning how to clap.  He's learning to pull himself up, although not quite to his feet.  At least not at home, but he's done it at daycare.  He doesn't really like to sit still now that he knows he can move around.  Trying to take these 9 months pictures was difficult!




No comments:

Post a Comment