Family Pic Sept 2015

Family Pic Sept 2015

Monday, December 17, 2012

Funny's Ride Wagon Horse Hey!

Yesterday was Lily's Christmas program at the Church where she goes to daycare.  It was finally time to see her in action after the last month of her singing "Go Tell It On The Mountain" every day at home.

Lily did great, even though she barely sang!


We were happily surprised that Lily stood up there the whole time and didn't try to run over to us.  But she did a lot of standing there with her hands in her mouth.  She did a bunch of the hand gestures and I think at one point she might have sang one line in one of the songs.  She was great!  We are so proud of her!

Here's some videos of the songs:

Go Tell It On The Mountain


The Reindeer Pokey

 
Little Star of Bethlehem

 
Wasn't That A Mighty Day


We may not have gotten much singing in while at the Christmas program, but Lily sang her heart out on the way home! 

And tonight on the way home from daycare she wanted to sing Jingle Bells.  So I sang the chorus once and then she started singing it.  Her version went a little like this:

Jingle Bell
Jingle Bell
Jingle allll waaaay
Oh what funny's ride wagon horse, hey! (translation:  Oh what fun it is to ride in a one horse open sleigh, hey)

I'm pretty sure that's the cutest version of Jingle Bells I've ever heard and even though I'm normally a bit of a scrooge when it comes to Christmas music, I could listen to Lily sing it all day long. 

I wish I could video record and drive at the same time.  I'd have the BEST videos ever if I could figure that out.

1 comment: